Assessment is the process of continuously and systematically establishing goals, tracking progress, analyzing results, and identifying areas of improvement based on results. The culture of continuous improvement is an integral aspect of the University’s commitment to sustaining and enhancing academic quality and student success. Assessment is required for all academic programs and departments, general education, and non-academic units and departments.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT ACADEMIC ASSESSMENT REPORTS
Due by September 22nd, 2023
SACSCOC Standards on Institutional Planning and Effectiveness
The process of assessment supports the University’s accreditation obligation and responsibility to SACSCOC Standards on institutional planning and effectiveness.
- Core Requirement 7.1: Institutional Planning: The institution engages in ongoing, comprehensive, and integrated research-based planning and evaluation processes that (a) focus on institutional quality and effectiveness and (b) incorporate a systematic review of institutional goals and outcomes consistent with its mission.
- Standard 7.3: Administrative Effectiveness: The institution identifies expected outcomes of its administrative support services and demonstrates the extent to which the outcomes are achieved.
- Core Requirement 8.1: Student Achievement: The institution identifies, evaluates, and publishes goals and outcomes for student achievement appropriate to the institution’s mission, the nature of the students it serves, and the kinds of programs offered. The institution uses multiple measures to document student success.
Standard 8.2: Student Outcomes: The institution identifies expected outcomes, assesses the extent to which it achieves these outcomes, and provides evidence of seeking improvement based on analysis of the results in the areas below:
- 8.2.a: Student learning outcomes for each of its educational programs.
- 8.2.b: Student learning outcomes for collegiate-level general education competencies of its undergraduate degree programs.
- 8.2.c: Academic and student services that support student success.